Zerto 7 is GA
Zerto 7 Release
On Tuesday, April 16th Zerto announced the official release of Zerto 7 for general availability their new Zerto 7.0 IT Resilience Platform.
Zerto 7 is designed for an era of application complexity and cloud adoption. Zerto 7.0 replaces periodic backup with continuous data protection combined with powerful journaling technology for both short-term and long-term data retention. This release converges disaster recovery, backup and cloud mobility into a single platform.
Zerto 7 solves today’s digital business needs for continuous IT and Business Operations by addressing key customer challenges such as complexity, slow recovery speeds and lengthy backup windows, by delivering a converged solution to address their DR and backup needs across multiple clouds without vendor lock in.
Key Zerto 7 key improvements:
- The New and improved GUI provides a great user experience with simplified workflows to further enhance ease of use and enable intuitive and scalable operations, a fresh and clean GUI with a direct link into Zerto Analytics to see the historically reporting from the platform.
- A unique Elastic Journal that combines the granular journal technology with long-term repositories, providing a continuous stream of recovery points with intelligent index and search functionality – allowing for quick searching based on different points in time for recovery across data, files or VMs.
- Data protection workflows that automate recovery from numerous points in time, across multiple VMs, ensuring application consistency across short- and long-term data retention periods
- Retention policy settings for daily, weekly, monthly and annual cycles to copy the recovery data to cost-efficient LTR repositories
- Robust resource planning and ‘what-if’ scenario modeling within Zerto Analytics which continuously monitors and analyses compute, storage and network resources across on-premises environments and public, private and hybrid clouds
- Built-in support for Purpose Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) such as HP StoreOnce, with new on-premises support for NFS and SMB targets
- Scale-out architecture designed to further accelerate the application recovery process for Microsoft Azure
- Automatic encryption at rest upon the recovery of EC2 instances when protecting workloads on Amazon EC2
- Additional Cloud enhancements include a platform update for maintenance mode and evacuating hosts, with the added benefit of failing over with VPG’s with granularity at a VM level.
Key Zerto 7 key improvements:
- Converged DR & Backup: Replacing periodic backup with continuous data protection combined with powerful journaling technology for both short-term and long-term data retention.
- Cloud Enhancements: Increased Microsoft Azure RTO performance and new AWS encryption features.
- Advanced Analytics: New Resource planning and ‘what-if’ scenario modeling to create plans for network, storage and compute resource requirements.
- Platform Enhancements: Delivering ease of use, operational enhancements and additional flexibility for users
- Official Press Release
- Exclusive Demo & New Features
- What’s New in Datasheet
- Video: Better Together: DR & Backup Converged
- Video: IT Resilience Platform: Converged DR, Backup, and Mobility
“This is a sponsored post. Zerto compensated me for my time but any opinions given are my own.”