Unitrends vBE Introduction
vBE (short for VM Backup Essentials), converges enterprise-grade backup software, ransomware detection, and cloud continuity into a powerful, easy-to-use, all-in-one platform priced 30% less than comparable products.
An “All-in-One Solution” vBE provides a disruptive approach to backup – with complete vertical integration (including the cloud), fast time to value and an all-in-one solution provided by a single vendor with industry-leading customer service. vBE includes all the software and features you would find in an enterprise-level data protection and recovery solution. vBE includes operating system, security, backup software, WAN acceleration, replication, cloud integration, and archiving.
With an easy to use interface lost file recovery is one of the most common tasks performed by IT on an emergency basis and can chew up many hours of your time. vBE ensures easy file recovery. It takes less than five minutes to recover a lost file with vBE, from login to full restoration. The UI is easy and intuitive enough that any member of IT can recover a lost file without having to consult a manual or receive special training.
Easily set all aspects of protection using an advanced, intelligent feature called SLA policy automation. vBE’s SLA Policy automation intelligently sets your backup schedule based on your RTO and RPO goals. Built-in one-glance, one-click dashboards and reports keep you fully up-to-date on the health and status of your backup and continuity strategy.
vBE comes with Deep Cloud Integration. The cloud is an ideal way to ensure geographic resilience, especially those without a secondary location that need to protect copies of their data. vBE easily manages protection for your VMware workloads in hyperscale clouds such as Google or AWS. However anyone that has worked with hyperscale clouds knows it can be complex and very expensive. vBE has its own purpose-built continuity cloud designed for long-term retention and DRaaS, as well as great integration with AWS and Google. Offloading cloud backup and recovery to experts gives you 100% confidence you will recovery when you need to and let’s you focus on those tasks only you can do – work with your business partners to improve company performance.
Licensing to rival all other vendors!
vBE is licensed for $105 per socket and covers VMware virtual machines only. Base prices include one year of 24x7x365 support with an annual renewal available.
Support terms of 3 or 5 years can be chosen at the time of initial purchase or support plan renewal.
Points of note:
- Total Protection – No limits on the number of virtual machines that can be protected on a host
- No License Tiering – No tiering of licenses based on the number of cores in the CPU socket.
- Only License what you need! – Only occupied sockets require a license, but ALL occupied sockets of the host must be licensed to protect its virtual machines.
- Infinite retention! – Retention is directly proportional to the amount of storage that can be provided by the customer for backup. The license has no limits on retention.
- Replication to the Cloud – Site-to-site replication is not supported at this time. vBE does support replication to the cloud – both hyperscale clouds such as AWS, Google and Rackspace as well as clouds purpose-built for DRaaS services.
- Advanced Ransomware Protection – New ransomware variants are emerging every day and your ransomware protection needs to evolve to keep up.
30-Day FREE TRIAL!
A 30-day free trial is available from https://www.unitrends.com/products/vm-backup-essentials
Simply download, deploy, and quickly start backing up all VMware workloads as it includes everything required for data and application protection and advanced features.
Download the following resources for free:
vBE vs Veeam
vBE is clearly a main competitor of Veeam and they are not trying to hide it. vBE believe that they are more competitive providing a better choice for multiple reasons, below are just some of the reasons and how vBE perform :